You know, Sony and Microsoft will face each other for the fourth time in the field of (dismantled) video games. The new Xbox Series X will be released on November 10th and the PS5 will be released two days later (around the United States in particular). A fight for the “next generation” that Microsoft wants to start in the best possible way (better than 2013 anyway).
Microsoft announces 30
New Games optimized for the launch of the new Xbox
On the Microsoft side we explain: “The first time you turn on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S on November 10th, you will see the largest startup catalog in Xbox history. “” In fact, not only will it be possible to (re) play all the games (Xbox / Xbox 360 / Xbox One) we already own, but we will also be able to enjoy optimized versions of games like Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Watchdogs: Legion, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Gear Tactics, or Tetris Effect.
Overall, Microsoft is announcing that 30 optimized games will be available when the new Xboxes launch, 20 of which will have Smart Delivery. There are also other titles such as Cyberpunk 2077 on November 19th, but also The Medium on December 10th.
The 30 extended games available for Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X on November 10th:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
- Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
- Light memory 1.0
- Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
- Dead in Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
- DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
- The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
- Fourteen days
- Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
- Maneater (Smart Delivery)
- Distribution garden (Smart Delivery)
- NBA 2K21
- Note: System Redux
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
- Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
- Guard dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
- WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
- Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)
Of course, the new Xbox will benefit from a particularly extensive line-up, with many games specially optimized for the Xbox Series X. However, we have to admit that it is still sorely lacking “Novelty”and especially by “Next Generation”. It is difficult to pass Devil May Cry 5 for a indeed “New” Game even “Optimized”if Capcom’s descendants are from March 2019. The same goes for Forza Horizon 4, whose release date dates back to September 2018 without counting Sea of Thieves, which was released in April 2017 …
Microsoft is obviously taking the side “Continuity” from its Xbox Series X, but on the part of some gamers, it’s a little difficult to imagine the launch of a new generation console without the slightest real AAA “Next Generation”, a bit like Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, or Forza Motorsport 5 when the Xbox One was released.
The Xbox Series X test and the first games will soon be available on Squeezer, and we will of course come back in detail to the strengths but also the weaknesses of the new machine from Microsoft.