Tonight is the END of a great series that went on for many months around the PS5. The question of the famous “backward compatibility”, namely the backward compatibility of PS4 games, on PS5. Since the beginning of the year there have been a lot of rumors that Sony’s new console could play all the games in the PlayStation universe. From PSOne 1994 to PS4 2013, there have been many rumors that the PS5 would be the “ultimate” console for the PlayStation experience.
Unfortunately for many gamers, that rumor has lost credibility and communication from Sony over the months. In late August, Ubisoft released the song on its official website, confirming that the PS5 cannot play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games.
However, backward compatibility will be on the agenda on PlayStation 5 with the ability to play PS4 games. Since March 2020 and the game developer conference, Sony has been very mysterious again. From the top 100 PS4 games to 1000+ games and 99% of the compatible games, it was very difficult to navigate. But today the time has finally come.
Almost 99% of PS4 games are compatible and some are “Boosted”
So it goes on Support from its official website This PlayStation just (finally) cleared things up regarding backward compatibility. For example, 99% of PS4 games will be compatible on PS5 and, more precisely, “the vast majority of more than 4000 PS4 games can be played on PS5 consoles”.
- Some PS4 games benefit from the PS5 Game Boost, which allows PS4 games to run at a higher or more even frame rate (60 FPS, better resolution …).
- Some features available on PS4 may not be available on PS5.
- Some PS4 games may experience errors or unexpected behavior when playing on PS5.
- Before purchasing additional content (DLC) to play with your PS4 games on PS5, try launching and playing those games on your PS5 to see if you are happy with the gaming experience.
- Please note that playing PS VR games on a PlayStation 5 console requires a PlayStation VR headset, PS4 camera (sold separately from PS5 console), and PS camera adapter (no purchase required) .
- Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
Play on PS4 only
Although the PlayStation 5 is backwards compatible with almost 99% of PS4 games, some games will not be and therefore exclusive to the PS4. On the PlayStation Store, PS4 games that cannot be played on the PS5 console will be labeled “Playable on: PS4 only”. Here is an initial list of games:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Drive on the Edge 2
- Deal with it!
- Redesigned the shadow complex
- Robinson: The trip
- We sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner