he Mushroom pie with port is a delicious and nutritious starter, perfect for vegans and vegetarians as it does not contain any animal products. The consistency of this pie is generally smooth and creamy. In addition, it has that special note that port wine gives it. Its delicate taste makes it a great starter for a special dinner, ideal to be part of the Christmas menu or a family event. The texture can be very creamy or you can also leave pieces of mushroom in pieces to fully appreciate this exquisite mushroom.
Mushrooms are an ingredient with very beneficial nutrients for health. They provide enough protein, carbohydrates, and fiber, but have a low percentage of calories. This makes it a great option to include on the weekly diet. These are nutrients that are supplemented with almonds in this recipe, nuts that provide a good amount of vegetable protein. They also contain Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from the negative effects of free radicals. This vitamin also strengthens the immune system and protects the body from disease and infection.
How to prepare the Port Mushroom Pate:
- Clean the mushrooms very wellRemove any dirt with a damp cloth.
- Cut them into slices.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small pieces.
- Pour into a pan Extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions. Poach for 5 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Then add the garlic to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then Pour the port wine into the pan, the thyme and the fresh parsley. Stir and cook until the wine is reduced.
- While, Mash the roasted almonds until you have a coarse flour.
- Put the mushroom sauce in a food processor and add the almonds. Mix until a homogeneous paste is formed without lumps.
- Bring the mixture to the point of salt and the spices you prefer. Some like thyme, oregano, rosemary, etc. will blend in very well.
Bring joy to your table with this port mushroom pie, a delicious starter that everyone will love. Serve with whole wheat toast. Get some fresh mushrooms and choose a delicious tasting port wine for the best result in this Port Mushroom Pate recipe. It will be the star of your next meeting.
45seconds is a new medium. Do not hesitate to publish our article on social networks to give us a solid boost. 🙂