Over a year ago we informed you about the new update of Recalbox, a completely free open source operating system (operating system) that allows you to play on a variety of consoles and platforms in your living room. Last year, this system became fully compatible with Microsoft’s famous Adaptive Controller (a special controller that makes video games easier for people with disabilities).
Thanks to this, video games have become accessible to everyone for more than 40 years. Today Recalbox releases its brand new update 7.0, which pushes the boundaries of retrogaming again.
Recalbox goes to 7.0 and offers 120 legendary video games
Now you can download the free, free and open source operating system for retrogaming from Recalbox in its brand new version 7.0! As you can probably imagine, this new version brings with it a number of novelties and improvements to once again push the boundaries and pleasure of your journey into video game history. Among the most anticipated improvements we can give a few examples.
- Version 7.0 is now firmware, faster and more robust than ever
- This new update is fully compatible with the latest Raspberry Pi 4 (2/4 / 8 GB, but only 2 GB is really useful) and the NesPi4Case. If you need information on the steps to create your own console, check out our article here.
- Thanks to this new update, more than 80% of the USB / Bluetooth controllers on the market can be configured automatically.
- This version 7.0 also brings ten new emulated systems (up to +100 systems now supported!), Including the highly anticipated Atomiswave, NAOMI, NAOMI GD-ROM, Jaguar, Nintendo 64DD, OpenBOR, Solarus, EasyRPG, Amiga CD32 or again Naomi.
- You now have a BIOS manager (correct / missing / incorrect) directly from the general menu with an automatic check before each game.
- Most importantly, they also offered more than 120 complete games and of course legally! Some entirely exclusive to Recalbox users, including Master-System, Game Boy, Intellivision, Megadrive, Atari 2600, Amstrad CPC games and much more!
- The new version 7.0 has many more surprises in store for you!